Outstanding! Served over simply grilled tilapia fillets seasoned with salt and pepper. Husband and I agree it is "company worthy" and we will definitely be making this again. LOVE that I've discovered a great way to enjoy rhubarb other than the usual cobblers and crisps.
This recipe goes with Grilled Pacific Halibut with Rhubarb Compote and Balsamic Strawberries
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 3 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Stir together all ingredients in a 3-quart saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes or until mixture thickens and is reduced by half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This