Superb & easy! Frozen rhubarb works great here defrosted. The cardamom really balances out the rhubarb, as does the fantastic crust. The family loves it. I'll be making this recipe again & again!!
Rhubarb Cardamom Galette
This dessert is far from the ordinary, but completely worth the effort for the phenomenal flavor. A French-inspired pastry with a mild tart flavor and hint of pungent spice give you a simply unique Western-instilled treat.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 233
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 4.5g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 222mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 sheet (9 to 10 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces rhubarb (about 8 thin or 3 thick stalks)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425° with a rack set on lowest level. Unfold pastry onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, the brown sugar, cardamom, and flour. Evenly sprinkle sugar mixture over pastry.
- 2. Trim rhubarb 1 in. shorter than pastry, then split lengthwise into 1/2-in.-wide pieces. Lay pieces parallel across the pastry square, leaving 1/2 in. border of pastry. Sprinkle rhubarb with remaining 2 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- 3. Bake galette until edges are golden brown and puffed, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note