If you are a fan of the sandwich, you will love this Reuben Soup. With only 5 ingredients, you can have a warm bowl in mere minutes.
Yield: Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add onion and cook until soft. Add broth, sauerkraut and bay leaf. Cover; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water. Add to saucepan; stir in cream, half-and-half, corned beef and cheese.
- Simmer over very low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often; do not boil. Remove bay leaf and add salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with croutons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Reuben Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Soups/Stews