More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 18.3g
- Carbohydrate: 38.6g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 1320mg
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Calcium: 181mg
- 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/4 cup fat-free Thousand Island dressing
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 8 (1-ounce) slices pumpernickel-rye bread
- 6 ounces thinly sliced lean corned beef
- 4 (2/3-ounce) slices low-fat process Swiss cheese, each cut in half
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl; toss well, and set aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on work surface with flat, bottom crusts together and overlapping slightly. Flatten bread slices to 1/8-inch thickness, using a rolling pin, seaming 2 bread slices together (cover bread to keep from drying). Repeat procedure 3 times with remaining 6 bread slices.
- Divide corned beef evenly among bread. Divide cheese slices evenly over corned beef, and spread cabbage mixture evenly over cheese slices. Beginning with 1 long edge, roll up each sandwich, jelly-roll fashion, so seam of bread is in the middle of each sandwich (secure with wooden picks, if necessary).
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Place 2 sandwiches in skillet; cook until lightly browned on all sides, gently turning with tongs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note