- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 8 ounces corned beef, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon caraway or anise seeds (optional)
How to Make It
Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, butter and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in water; mix until a soft dough forms. Add remaining flour as needed.
Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead about 4 minutes or until smooth.
Roll dough to a 14- x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread salad dressing down the center of the dough lengthwise. Top with layers of corned beef, cheese and sauerkraut.
Make cuts from filling to edges of dough 1-inch apart on both sides of filling, using a sharp knife or scissors. Alternating slices, fold the strips at an angle across filling.
Cover dough with greased plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with caraway seeds (if desired).
Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.