- 2 (10-ounce) cans sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 6 ounces sliced corned beef, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup Martha White Self-Rising White Corn Meal Mix
- 1/3 cup Martha White self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard of your choice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to 425°. Layer the sauerkraut, tomatoes, dressing, olives, and corned beef in a 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet. Top with the cheese. Set aside.
Make the crust: Beat the egg in a medium bowl. Whisk in the buttermilk, milk, and oil; mix well. Add the corn meal mix, flour, and sugar; stir until smooth. Pour the batter evenly over the filling in the skillet. Bake until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
Make the mustard sauce: Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and onion in a small bowl; stir to blend.
Cut the casserole into wedges and serve with the mustard sauce.