Delicious! All the flavors of a Reuben plus the luciousness of mashed potatoes. Comfort food that doesn't bring on the guilt.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 260
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Carbohydrate: 30.7g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 530mg
- Calcium: 274mg
- 5 cups cubed peeled baking potato
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 cups tightly packed very thinly presliced green cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped deli corned beef (about 1/4 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup nonfat Thousand Island dressing
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) preshredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Place potato in a saucepan; add water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- Combine potato, sour cream, and the next 3 ingredients in a bowl, and beat at medium speed of a mixer for 2 minutes or until smooth. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot. Add the cabbage, corned beef, and caraway seeds, and sauté for 4 minutes or until cabbage wilts. Remove from heat; stir in dressing. Set aside.
- Spread half of potato mixture in the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with cabbage mixture, and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Spread remaining half of potato mixture over cheese, and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Make-Ahead Tips: You can assemble the casserole up to 8 hours ahead of time; cover and chill. Let stand at room temperature 30 mintues before baking.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles