Reto"s Rudd Farm Pumpkin Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 cup(s) yellow onions minced
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced fine
- 2 teaspoon(s) red curry paste
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne
- 2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 6 cup(s) pie pumpkin
- 5 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) cream
- For pumpkin puree, cut pumpkin into quarters, remove seeds. Bake at 350 degrees until soft, about 1 hour.
- For soup, melt butter in large saucepan over medium high hear. Add onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, red curry paste, cayenne, curry and coriander. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add vegetable broth and milk. Peel pumpkin and add flesh to pot. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring to break up pumpkin.
- Transfer soup in batches to blender; don't overload the blender. Cover tightly and blend until smooth. Return soup to saucepan. With the soup on low heat, add brown sugar and cream. Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 6439375 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Reto"s Rudd Farm Pumpkin Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews