We just had this dish at K-Paul's in New Orleans. We died and went to heaven!!
Prep: 15 minutes.
This recipe goes with Fried Green Tomatoes With Shrimp Remoulade
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Creole mustard (for testing purposes, we used Zatarain's Creole Mustard)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery ribs, with leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated white or yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion top
- Hot sauce (Crystal, Louisiana, or Tabasco brand), if desired
- 1. Stir together first 10 ingredients in a bowl. Taste and add salt as needed.
- 2. While whisking mixture, add olive oil in a slow stream. Add celery and next 3 ingredients; stir well. Add a few drops of hot sauce if spicier flavor is desired. Sauce should be spicy and tangy. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments