Refrigerator Sweet Potato Rolls
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 8 Hours, 45 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 111
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.0g
- Protein: 3.0g
- Carbohydrate: 19.8g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 152mg
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Calcium: 17mg
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 packages dry yeast (about 4 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 3/4 cup warm 2% reduced-fat milk (100° to 110°)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 5 cups bread flour, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- . Place sweet potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet; bake at 450° for 1 hour or until tender. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; cool to touch.
- . While potatoes cool, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon brown sugar in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add milk and next 4 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add egg; stir well.
- . Peel and mash sweet potatoes with a fork until smooth. Stir 1 1/2 cups potato into yeast mixture. Reserve remaining potato for another use.
- . Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 2 cups flour to yeast mixture; stir until smooth. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes), adding just enough remaining flour to prevent dough from sticking.
- . Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in refrigerator at least 8 hours or up to 3 days, punching dough down as necessary when dough rises to top of bowl.
- . Coat 3 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray. With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 36 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place 12 balls in each pan, making sure balls do not touch. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.)
- . Preheat oven to 375°.
- . Uncover rolls, and bake at 375° for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden.
- 10. Combine 1 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon orange rind, and 1 tablespoon orange juice. Brush over warm rolls in pan. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This