Refrigerator Dill Pickles
Community Recipe from
- 12 whole(s) 3 to 4 inch long pickling cucumbers
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 3/4 cup(s) white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh dill weed chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 8 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) pickling spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dill seed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 4 sprig(s) fresh dill weed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, water, vinegar, chopped dill, sugar, garlic, salt, pickling spice, dill seed, and red pepper flakes.
- 2. Stir, and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours, until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- 3. Remove the cucumbers to three 1 1/2 pint wide mouth jars, placing 4 cucumbers into each jar.
- 4. Ladle in the liquid from the bowl to cover.
- 5. Place a sprig of fresh dill into each jar, and seal with lids.
- 6. Refrigerate for 10 days before eating.
- 7. Use within 1 month.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Refrigerator Dill Pickles Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
More Recipes for Main Dishes