"Refried beans are simple to make when cooked in a slow cooker. This recipe will yield flavorful, fat-free refried beans seasoned with garlic, jalapeno, and cumin."
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Onion Peeled & Halved
- 3 cup(s) Dried Pinto Beans Rinsed
- 1/2 piece(s) Fesh jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 3 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoon(s) Fesh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Gound cumin Optional
- 9 cup(s) water
- 1.Place the onion, rinsed beans, jalapeno, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin into a slow cooker. Pour in the water and stir to combine. Cook on High for 8 hours, adding more water as needed. Note: if more than 1 cup of water has evaporated during cooking, then the temperature is too high.
- 2.Once the beans have cooked, strain them, and reserve the liquid. Mash the beans with a potato masher, adding the reserved water as needed to attain desired consistency.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Supermom7738 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note