I'm not keen on the whole microwaving a meal thing so I microwave the poblanos for 4 minutes to soften them, then stuff with the refried beans and Uncle Ben's Santa Fe rice in a pouch. Top with cheese then bake at 375 for 20 minutes. It's one of the few vegetarian options my carnivore husband really likes.
Refried Bean Poblanos with Cheese
Poblano chiles grown in a hot, dry climate can be more intense than others, so the spiciness of this dish depends on the heat of your peppers.
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 6 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 303
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 45.4g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 960mg
- Calcium: 232mg
- 4 medium poblano chiles, halved and seeded
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch microwaveable cooked long-grain rice (such as Uncle Ben's Original Ready Rice)
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1. Place chile halves, cut sides up, on a round microwave-safe plate. Cover with wax paper; microwave at HIGH 3 minutes.
- 2. While chiles cook, combine beans, rice, and picante sauce in a medium bowl, stirring well. Spoon bean mixture evenly into chile halves. Cover with wax paper; microwave at HIGH 2 minutes. Uncover chiles, sprinkle each half with 2 tablespoons cheese, and microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle evenly with cilantro, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note