This recipe is perfect the way it is, but I sometime substitute 1/2 of the half-and-half with plain fat-free yogurt and it is mmmmm good!
Refreshing Lime Sherbet
More From Southern Living
Freeze: 35 Minutes
- 4 teaspoons finely grated lime rind (about 1 large lime)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs, thinly sliced lime wedges, lime rind strips
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended.
- Pour lime mixture into freezer container of a 4-quart ice-cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Garnish each serving, if desired.
- Refreshing Lemon Sherbet: Substitute a large lemon for the lime and fresh lemon juice for lime juice. Proceed as directed. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs, thinly sliced lemon wedges, and lemon rind strips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Refreshing Lime Sherbet Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This