Refreshing Lemon Sherbet
Be careful not to remove any of the white pith underneath when grating the lemon rind, or your sherbet will taste bitter.
More From Southern Living
Freeze: 35 Minutes
- 4 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemon)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs, thinly sliced lemon wedges, lemon rind strips
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended.
- Pour lemon mixture into freezer container of a 4-quart ice-cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Garnish each serving, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This