Reduced-Sugar Lemon-Cheesecake Bars
Use fresh orange juice and zest instead of lemon for a different flavor profile.
Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1 bar)
More From Southern Living
9 Hours, 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 172
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 45.8g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 45.1mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 259mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- BUTTER CRUST
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace or nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable cooking spray
- LEMON FILLING
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup granular sweetener
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- Lemon rind curl
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare Crust: Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1 cup flour, beating at low speed until well blended. Press mixture on bottom of an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare Filling: Process cottage cheese in a food processor 1 minute or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Add granular sweetener and next 6 ingredients, and process 30 seconds or until well blended. Pour filling over prepared crust.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set. (Edges will be lightly browned.) Cool 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours. Cut into bars. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: We tested with Whey Low 100% All Natural Gold Brown Sugar Sweetener and Granular Sweetener.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts