Reduced-fat Ham-and-Cheddar Muffins
Yield: 12 (3-inch) muffins or 2 1/2 dozen mini muffins
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat baking mix
- 2 cups (8-ounces) fat-free or low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- Poppy seeds (Optional)
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine baking mix and half of cheese in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together milk and egg, blending well; add to cheese mixture, stirring until moistened. Stir in onion and ham. Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Sprinkle with poppy seeds, if desired.
- Bake at 425º for 18 minutes or until golden. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes before removing from pans.
- Note: Substitute mini muffin pans for regular pans, if desired. Bake at 425º for 14 minutes or until golden. Makes 2 1/2 dozen mini muffins.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Reduced-fat Ham-and-Cheddar Muffins Recipe at a Glance