Reduced-fat Colby-Jack Cheese Sauce
Versatile soup bases are seasoned pastes that add a big boost of concentrated flavor, similar to bouillon granules but much grander in taste.
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat or fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon jarred chicken soup base
- 1 cup (4 oz.) reduced-fat or fat-free shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Gradually whisk milk into flour in a heavy saucepan, whisking until smooth; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat, and whisk in chicken soup base, Colby-Jack cheese, horseradish, and pepper, whisking until cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note