- 2 2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 (8-ounce) loaf light pasteurized prepared cheese product, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- calories 131
- fat 5 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- sodium 389 mg
How to Make It
Bring 2 2/3 cups water to a boil; gradually whisk in grits, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Add margarine and next 4 ingredients; stir until blended. Spoon into a lightly greased 8-inch baking dish.
Bake at 350º for 40 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Note: Casserole may be prepared and chilled up to 24 hours before baking. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes; bake as directed