Red and Yellow Pepper Gratin
Fresh breadcrumbs enhance the texture of this dish. If you don't have sourdough, any white bread will do.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 94
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 14.9g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 327mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 ounces sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Combine 1/2 cup boiling water and sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and slice tomatoes into 1/4-inch strips.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine tomatoes and next 9 ingredients (through onion) in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil; toss gently. Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure about 1 cup. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil and cheese; pulse to combine. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over vegetables. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This