Red Wine-Tomato Pasta
Use a Chianti or Merlot
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 2 14 oz cans petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounce(s) uncooked thin spaghetti or penne pasta
- 4 ounce(s) mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Saute garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 minute or until lightly browned. Carefully stir in wine and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Stir together hot pasta, mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese in a large serving bowl, tossing to coat until cheeses start to melt. Pour tomato sauce over pasta mixture, and toss to combine. Serve imediately with additional Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Red Wine-Tomato Pasta Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes