Red Wine Sauce
- 1 cup(s) Dry red wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter cold, cut up
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 1 whole(s) Shallot Sliced thin
- 2 teaspoon(s) Cornstarch As needed
- Place 1 cup red wine in a small saucepan; boil until reduced to 1/4 cup, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add 2 tablespoons cold cut-up butter, and swirl pan until butter is melted and sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Use cornstarch to thicken if necessary.
- Cover steaks with sauce. Sprinkle shallots on top as a garnish.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LynnMoran and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Red Wine Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments