Red Wine Reduction
In a pinch, you can substitute purchased fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth for the Roasted Chicken Stock, and omit salt.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) roasted chicken stock
- 1 cup(s) zinfandel or other fruity dry red wine
- 1/3 cup(s) shallots finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 thyme sprig
- 5 teaspoon(s) butter
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Place roasted chicken stock in a small saucepan over med-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 20 mins). Place stock in a bowl; keep warm.
- 2. Combine wine and next 3 ingredients (through thyme) in pan over med-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 8 mins). Stir in reserved stock; return mixture to a boil. Cook until reduced to 2/3 cup (about 7 mins). Strain mixture through a sieve over a bowl; discard solids. Stir in butter, 1 tsp at a time, stirring until butter melts. Stir in salt and pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Red Wine Reduction Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments