Red Wine Plum Relish
Notes: The relish thickens as it cools. Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator up to 10 days.
Yield: Makes 3 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 125
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 3.3mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups dry red wine
- About 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 pounds firm to ripe prune plums
- 1. In a 12- to 14-inch frying pan, combine orange peel, orange juice, wine, 3/4 cup sugar, cardamom, coriander, and ginger. Boil over high heat until reduced to about 1 cup, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, rinse plums and cut into chunks; discard pits.
- 3. Add plums to reduced sauce. Simmer rapidly, stirring often, until fruit is very soft and mixture is reduced to about 3 cups, about 25 minutes. Taste and add additional sugar if desired, then simmer 2 to 3 minutes more.
- 4. Serve warm, cool, or cold.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/4 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This