Red Wine Pasta Sauce
- 1 pound(s) Sausage Meat (not flavored)
- 1 package(s) Mushrooms (any) Sliced
- 1 Brown Onion Chopped
- 1 can(s) Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) Red Wine
- 1 tablespoon(s) Oregano chopped fresh
- 1 teaspoon(s) Paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 clove(s) Garlic Smashed
- 2 tablespoon(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) Butter
- This recipe can be made in advance, the flavours settle and deepen with rest.
- 1. Place olive oil on a large pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and bay leaves and fry until fragant
- 2. Add onions and sautee until they begin to soften.
- 3. Add and brown sausage meat, slowly mixing it with the onions.
- Optional: On a secondary pan, melt butter and sauttee mushrooms without cooking them through. (this step can be skipped)
- 4. Once meat is cooked, add the mushrooms and oregano, thyme and paprika and mix well.
- 6. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. You may increase quantities if you desire a different consistency.
- 7. Create a point of heat in the center of the pan by creating a hole without meat. Add the wine to that area and turn up heat so alcohol evaporates. As it boils, mix wine into the rest of the sauce, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Fexyfex and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note