Red Wine Dressing
Star anise delivers a spicy punch to this recipe. It is available in the spice section of major grocery stores and in Asian markets.
Yield: about 3 cups
- 2 cups red wine
- 1/4 cup port
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups grapeseed or safflower oil
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced by half. Remove and discard anise and bay leaf.
- Process reduced wine mixture, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Turn blender on high, and gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream. Serve dressing with mixed salad greens or grilled fish. Store in the refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note