Red Wine Dressing
Star anise delivers a spicy punch to this recipe. It is available in the spice section of major grocery stores and in Asian markets.
Yield: about 3 cups
- 2 cups red wine
- 1/4 cup port
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups grapeseed or safflower oil
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced by half. Remove and discard anise and bay leaf.
- Process reduced wine mixture, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Turn blender on high, and gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream. Serve dressing with mixed salad greens or grilled fish. Store in the refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salad Dressings