Red Wine Cherry Sauce for Meat
More From Sunset
- About 2 sliced shallots
- 2 cups pitted, halved cherries
- Olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange zest
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Chicken or lamb, for serving
- Chopped fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. In a frying pan over medium-high heat, sauté a couple of sliced shallots and cherries in olive oil until shallots start to brown.
- 2. Mix in red wine, orange zest, sugar and orange juice, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until liquid reduces by half. Let cool slightly. Spoon over chicken or lamb and sprinkle with chopped fresh thyme and black pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments