- About 2 sliced shallots
- 2 cups pitted, halved cherries
- Olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange zest
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Chicken or lamb, for serving
- Chopped fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, sauté a couple of sliced shallots and cherries in olive oil until shallots start to brown.
Mix in red wine, orange zest, sugar and orange juice, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until liquid reduces by half. Let cool slightly. Spoon over chicken or lamb and sprinkle with chopped fresh thyme and black pepper.