- 1 pound peeled Yukon gold potatoes (about 2)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup blanched whole almonds
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots (about 1 large)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups hot cooked whole wheat penne (about 12 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
- 1/4 cup chopped arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- calories 318
- caloriesfromfat 38 %
- fat 13.6 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- monofat 8 g
- polyfat 3.3 g
- protein 9.3 g
- carbohydrate 47.6 g
- fiber 6.7 g
- cholesterol 1 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 325 mg
- calcium 71 mg
How to Make It
Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 1/2 cups liquid. Cool potatoes slightly, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet over low heat. Add almonds, shallots, and garlic to pan; cook 8 minutes or until the almonds are golden, stirring often. Remove from heat; cool.
Place almond mixture in a food processor; add remaining 3 tablespoons oil, juice, cheese, harissa, and salt; process 1 minute or until well blended and almost smooth. With the processor on, slowly pour 1 1/2 cups reserved cooking liquid through food chute; process 1 minute or until smooth.
Combine pasta, potatoes, and almond mixture in a large bowl, tossing gently. Fold in arugula; sprinkle with basil.