I am not a big potato. salad lover, partially because I dislike hard boiled eggs. So I left out the eggs and used Sherry Wine Vinegar be cause I didn't have red wine vinegar. Still came out very tasty. Going to try again with the red wine vinegar.
Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad
Randy Mayor; Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 250
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 39.6g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 576mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 2 cups fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise (about 10 ounces)
- 2 cups small red potatoes, quartered (about 10 ounces)
- 2 cups small blue potatoes, halved lengthwise (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 3 hard-cooked large eggs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place fingerling and red potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Place blue potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Add blue potatoes, onion, parsley, dill, chives, and eggs to bowl; toss gently.
- Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture; toss gently to combine. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Note: Blue potatoes are starchier than the others and tend to bleed, so cook them separately. If you need to, prepare this dish a day ahead, but add the blue potatoes just before serving. If your potatoes are larger than the ones we call for, cut them to a uniform size.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables