Red, White, and Blue Ice-Cream Cake
- 1 (10.75-oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 pt. vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup blueberry preserves
- 2 pt. raspberry sorbet, softened
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Garnishes: assorted fresh berries, mint leaves
- 1. Cut 10 (1/2-inch-thick) slices from cake. Arrange slices in a single layer on bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, trimming as needed to snugly cover pan. Save remaining cake for another use.
- 2. Stir together vanilla ice cream and blueberry preserves in a medium bowl. Spread blueberry ice-cream mixture over cake slices. Cover and freeze 1 hour.
- 3. Stir together softened raspberry sorbet and raspberry preserves in a medium bowl. Spread raspberry sorbet mixture over blueberry ice-cream mixture. Cover and freeze 3 hours to 2 days.
- 4. Process frozen raspberries, honey, and 2 Tbsp. water in a blender until smooth. Press raspberry mixture through a wire-mesh strainer using the back of a spoon. Discard pulp and seeds. Chill until ready to serve.
- 5. Just before serving, beat cream and sugar at medium speed until soft peaks form. Gently run a sharp knife around edge of cake to loosen. Remove springform pan. Spread whipped cream over frozen cake. Drizzle with raspberry-honey sauce.
- Note: We tested with Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake, Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves, Smucker's Orchard's Finest Northwoods Blueberry Preserves, and Whole Fruit Raspberry Sorbet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note