made this with egg beaters in the cake mix, low fat cream cheese, and fat free yogurt, and lemon juice instead of zest. delicious! i will definitely make this again! served it with the raspberries and fat free cool whip--perfect, delicious and pretty!
Red Velvet Trifle
This trifle has a unique mixture of flavors and textures from the creamy yogurt and cream cheese and the moist red velvet cake. Top this dessert with raspberries for a light and satisfying treat.
Total: 3 Hours
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package DUNCAN HINES Moist Deluxe Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pt. fresh raspberries
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare cake batter as directed. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 28 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 3. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 1 minute or until creamy. Add yogurt, powdered sugar, and lemon zest. Beat 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Cover and chill.
- 4. Remove cake from oven. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
- 5. Invert cake onto a cutting board. Cut rounded top off of cake. Trim and discard edges of cake. Cut cake into 32 pieces.
- 6. Arrange about one-third of cake pieces in a 3-qt. trifle dish. Carefully spread one-third of chilled cream cheese mixture over cake. Repeat layers 2 times, smoothing top layer of cream cheese mixture over cake pieces. Top with raspberries. Cover and chill 1 hour before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts