Would not make again. the mandolin red velvet were not good but the whipping cream and raspberries were good. I will use another cake recipe in the mandolin shape.
Red Velvet-Raspberry Tiramisù Trifle
Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 5 Hours, 5 Minutes
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup black raspberry liqueur
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 (8-oz.) containers mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red Velvet Madeleines, without powdered sugar
- 3 (6-oz.) containers fresh raspberries
- 1. Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2. Stir together mascarpone cheese in a large bowl.
- 3. Beat heavy cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until soft peaks form. Stir one-fourth of whipped cream into mascarpone using a rubber spatula; fold in remaining whipped cream.
- 4. Arrange one-third of Red Velvet Madeleines in a 3-qt. trifle dish; drizzle with one-third of jam mixture, top with 1 container of raspberries, and dollop with one-third of mascarpone mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note