I would give it all 5 if didn't have to cook madeleines 3 times and didn't have to go to grocery for more product. This portion was enough only to decorate the top of my cone. Had to prepare 4 portions to make it all. Other than that it was easy and powdered sugar stayed till we finished it. All my guests been impressed
Red Velvet Madeleines
Red Velvet Madeleines are our variation to the favorite holiday cake. For a majestically elevated dessert, make four batches of the recipe for our impressive Madeleine Tree.
This recipe goes with Red Velvet-Raspberry Trifle
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons red liquid food coloring
- 1 1/3 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium-high speed with an electric mixer 5 minutes or until thick and pale. Add butter and food coloring, beating until blended.
- 2. Sift together cake flour and next 3 ingredients; fold into egg mixture. Spoon batter into 2 lightly greased shiny madeleine pans, filling three-fourths full (about 1 Tbsp. per madeleine).
- 3. Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until centers of madeleines spring back when lightly touched. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 20 minutes). Dust with powdered sugar just before serving, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts