Cake was dry, nothing special, neither was the frosting. It's what I'd expect from a cake mix and canned frosting.
Red Velvet Loaf Cakes
Total: 2 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package DUNCAN HINES Moist Deluxe Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 (16-oz.) containers DUNCAN HINES Creamy Homestyle Cream Cheese Frosting
- Garnishes: white sparkling sugar, fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 2 (8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch) loaf pans.
- 2. Beat first 5 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 1 minute or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
- 4. Place loaves on a serving plate or cake pedestal. Spread frosting over tops and sides of cakes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This