Cake was dry, nothing special, neither was the frosting. It's what I'd expect from a cake mix and canned frosting.
Red Velvet Loaf Cakes
Total: 2 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package DUNCAN HINES Moist Deluxe Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 (16-oz.) containers DUNCAN HINES Creamy Homestyle Cream Cheese Frosting
- Garnishes: white sparkling sugar, fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 2 (8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch) loaf pans.
- 2. Beat first 5 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 1 minute or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
- 4. Place loaves on a serving plate or cake pedestal. Spread frosting over tops and sides of cakes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note