Red Velvet Cupcakes
Community Recipe from
- 2 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 bottle(s) (1 oz.) red food color
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- VANILLA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 package(s) (8 oz.) cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 box(es) (16 oz.) powdered sugar
- 1. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Mix sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla.
- 3. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed just until blended. Spoon batter into paper lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- 4. Bake in preheated 350 degrees oven 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely and spread wit frosting.
- DIRECTIONS FOR FROSTING:
- Beat cream cheese, butter, sour cream and vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tjcavallucci and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cupcakes
More Recipes for Main Dishes