Red Velvet Cupcakes
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 16.1g
- Saturated fat: 6.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 55.9g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 282mg
- Calcium: 76mg
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 batches Lemon-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 12 muffin cup liners in muffin tin.
- 2. Place flours in a bowl. Sift sugar, baking soda, and salt into bowl.
- 3. Whisk butter and oil in a bowl. Add buttermilk and next 4 ingredients (through vanilla), whisking until well-combined. Add dry ingredients to wet.
- 4. Divide batter evenly among liners, and bake in middle of oven about 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 5. Pipe frosting on cakes with a star-tipped pastry bag.
- Skinny it up! Skip the frosting for a 216-calorie treat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This