Red Velvet Cupcakes
We heart cupcakes. Any kind. But moist red velvet topped with cream cheese frosting makes the experience truly special, whenever you're looking to satisfy your inner child.
- Calories: 300
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 6%
- Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 280mg
- Sugars: 32g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Protein: 3g
- Calcium: 0%
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) red velvet cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1 ounces BAKER'S White Chocolate, shaved into curls
- PREPARE cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes, blending dry pudding mix into batter before spooning into prepared muffin cups. Cool.
- BEAT cream cheese and butter in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Whisk in COOL WHIP. Spoon 1-1/2 cups into freezer-weight resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Cut 1 small corner off bottom of bag. Insert tip of bag into top of each cupcake to pipe about 1 Tbsp. frosting into center of cupcake.
- FROST cupcakes with remaining frosting. Top with chocolate curls. Keep refrigerated.
- KRAFT kitchens tips:
- VARIATION Prepare using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
- HOW TO EASILY FILL CUPCAKES WITH FROSTING Poke hole in top of each cupcake with handle of wooden spoon before filling with frosting.
- HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CURLS Warm a square of BAKER'S Baking Chocolate by microwaving it, unwrapped, on HIGH for a few seconds or just until you can smudge the chocolate with your thumb. Hold the square steadily and draw a peeler slowly over flat bottom of square, allowing a thin layer of chocolate to curl as it is peeled off the bottom of the square to make long, delicate curls. Use the same technique along the narrow side of the square to make short curls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note