Do not add this!!: 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding. It is unbelievable that they included that ingredient in this recipe. My only possible explanation is that it was motivated purely by profit since Kraft makes both the cream cheese and the pudding. The instant pudding made the batter very sticky and much harder to work with. It actually broke a part of my mixer because it went up in the opening where the beaters go into because it was so thick and sticky, and the part broke by me trying to get all of the sticky batter out. The cupcakes came out a very weird texture. This recipe would be fine without that one ingredient. I will not use any recipes on this site because of this as I wouldn't trust it. I never leave reviews on recipe sites, but I had to create a user name in order to warn others. I was baking for a church function and this bad ingredient in this recipe caused me to waste my time and money.
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 300
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 6%
- Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 280mg
- Sugars: 32g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Protein: 3g
- Calcium: 0%
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) red velvet cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1 ounces BAKER'S White Chocolate, shaved into curls
- PREPARE cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes, blending dry pudding mix into batter before spooning into prepared muffin cups. Cool.
- BEAT cream cheese and butter in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Whisk in COOL WHIP. Spoon 1-1/2 cups into freezer-weight resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Cut 1 small corner off bottom of bag. Insert tip of bag into top of each cupcake to pipe about 1 Tbsp. frosting into center of cupcake.
- FROST cupcakes with remaining frosting. Top with chocolate curls. Keep refrigerated.
- KRAFT kitchens tips:
- VARIATION Prepare using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
- HOW TO EASILY FILL CUPCAKES WITH FROSTING Poke hole in top of each cupcake with handle of wooden spoon before filling with frosting.
- HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CURLS Warm a square of BAKER'S Baking Chocolate by microwaving it, unwrapped, on HIGH for a few seconds or just until you can smudge the chocolate with your thumb. Hold the square steadily and draw a peeler slowly over flat bottom of square, allowing a thin layer of chocolate to curl as it is peeled off the bottom of the square to make long, delicate curls. Use the same technique along the narrow side of the square to make short curls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This