red velvet cheesecake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) melted butter
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese 3
- 1/2 cup(s) whole buttermilk
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) distilled white vinegar
- 1 ounce(s) food coloring 2
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar; press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar at medium-low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute. Add eggs and next 6 ingredients, mixing on low speed just until fully combined. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300°, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is firm. Run knife along outer edge of cheesecake. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Beat 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over top of cheesecake. Remove sides of springform pan. Garnish, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mrymer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
red velvet cheesecake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts