Red Velvet Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 ¼ cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa power (Hershey's Cocoa, Special Dark)
- ¾ teaspoon(s) baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon(s) baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- ¾ cup(s) buttermilk
- 2 stick(s) unsalted butter melted (or 1 cup of vegetable oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1½ teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 tablespoon(s) red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon(s) white distilled vinegar
- ¾ - 1 ½ cup(s) prepared hot coffee (Folgers Gourmet Selections® Vanilla Biscotti Coffee)
- cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and flour two round, 9-inch cake pans with shortening and flour. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, and food coloring until blended. Stir in vinegar until blended. Add the cocoa-flour mixture to the buttermilk mixture, beating on low speed until blended. Increase the speed and beat until smooth. Decrease the speed to low and slowly pour in the hot Folgers Gourmet Selections® Vanilla Biscotti coffee, and mix until blended. Pour the batter evenly between greased and floured pans and bake 25 to 35 minutes until cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center of cake. Remove from oven, and let the cakes cool for 15 minutes before turning on wire rack to cool completely. Frost the cake with cream cheese frosting when the cakes have cooled completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nfulks32 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note