Red Velvet Bars
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
Top these Red Velvet Bars with whipped topping and pecans for a decadent treat that no one will be able to refuse.
Yield: Makes 20
- 1 18 1/2 oz. pkg. red velvet cake mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Optional: whipped topping, additional chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, brown sugar and cocoa. Stir in eggs, oil, vanilla and water. Mix in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spray a 13"x9" baking pan with non-stick vegetable spray; spread in batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool and spread with whipped topping and additional pecans, if using. Cut into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings
Food & Wine