- 4 red snapper fillets, about 4 oz (125 g) each
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 8 Niçoise olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon minced anchovies
- 1/4 cup (1/3 oz/10 g) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup (1/3 oz/10g) chopped fresh flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 4 fresh flat-leaf (Italian) parsley sprigs
- calories 204
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 6 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 27 g
- carbohydrate 13 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 44 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 429 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C).
Place the snapper fillets in a shallow glass baking dish and top with the lemon juice and pepper.
To make the sauce, in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, anchovies, basil, oregano and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour the sauce over the fillets and top with the chopped parsley. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the fish just separates when pressed with a fork, about 30 minutes. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
To serve, divide among 4 individual plates. Top each with a lemon wedge and a parsley sprig.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving