Great recipe! Easy and fun!
Red Snapper Cakes with Avocado-Tomatillo Sauce
Take advantage of springtime flavors, and serve with roasted new potatoes and asparagus.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 261
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Carbohydrate: 27.7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 588mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tomatillo, husked and quartered (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion, quartered
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- Cooking spray
- 9 tablespoons chopped ripe peeled avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (1-ounce) slices bread
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 14 ounces finely chopped skinless red snapper
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare sauce, combine the first 4 ingredients on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 12 minutes or until blackened, stirring once. Cool slightly. Place tomatillo mixture in a blender; add avocado, 1/4 cup cilantro, juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Process until smooth. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare cakes, place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 2 cups. Combine 1 cup breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup onion, and next 9 ingredients (through egg whites) in a large bowl; stir until well blended. Divide snapper mixture into 12 equal portions (about 1/4 cup each), shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Dredge patties in remaining 1 cup breadcrumbs.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add cakes; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Wrap handle of pan with foil; place in oven. Bake cakes at 400° for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons sauce on each of 6 plates; top sauce with 2 cakes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes