- 3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 3/4 cup thinly, vertically sliced red onion
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons Kewpie (Japanese) mayonnaise
- 1 honeycrisp apple, peeled and grated (about 1 cup)
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Place 3 to 4 heavy plates on top of cabbage mixture to weigh down; wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Drain liquid from cabbage mixture. Stir in mayonnaise and apple.