Red Skin Potato Salad
Refridgerate: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) Water
- dash(es) Salt
- 1 pound(s) Red Skin Potatoes
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 3 whole(s) Eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) Bacon Bits (homemade, preferably)
- 3/10 cup(s) Shallots finely sliced
- 1 stalk(s) Celery sliced
- 1 cup(s) Mayonnaise, Light
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1. In a medium pot, add 2-3 cups of water, with a dash of salt, and boil.
- 2. Once boiling, add whole red skin potatoes (make sure they have been scrubbed clean). Potatoes should be covered with water, add more if necessary. Cook until tender (about 15 minutes).
- 3. Remove potatoes and allow to cool until they are comfortable to handle (about 30 minutes).
- 4. Meanwhile, in a medium pot, add 2 cups of water. Add unshelled eggs. Bring water to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat immediately. Let eggs stand in pot with water for 10-15 minutes. Remove from water, peel and discard shell, crumble egg whites and yolk, set aside.
- 5. Dice potatoes into cubes, keeping the skin on the potato. Place cubed potatoes in a medium sized bowl.
- 6. Add crumbled eggs, bacon bits, shallots, celery, mayonnaise, salt and pepper to bowl with potatoes. Gently stir.
- 7. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by brianwsmith and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note