1. Preheat oven to 375º. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet.
2. Sauté ham and next 2 ingredients in hot drippings until well browned. Remove ham mixture, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Sauté onion, next 3 ingredients, and 1/2 tsp. salt in drippings 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic. Cook 2 minutes; stir in eggplant. Cook 5 minutes or until tender. Spoon mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
3. Cook rice in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in skillet, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant and golden. Spoon rice over onion mixture in dish; top with ham mixture and bacon.
4. Sauté okra in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add wine, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Stir in broth, next 5 ingredients, and remaining 1 tsp. salt; bring to a boil. Pour okra mixture over meat, and cover dish tightly with aluminum foil.
5. Bake at 375º for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Remove and discard bay leaves. Serve with hot sauce.