More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 (6-oz.) cans tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Rinse rice with cold running water 3 minutes or until water is no longer cloudy. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Cook bacon in a 3 1/2-qt. saucepan over medium heat 10 minutes or until crisp. Drain and set bacon aside, reserving 2 Tbsp. bacon drippings in pan.
- 3. Sauté onion in hot drippings in saucepan over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until onion is tender; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute.
- 4. Stir in rinsed rice, chicken broth, and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring mixture every 7 to 10 minutes.
- 5. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Stir in crumbled bacon and 3 Tbsp. parsley; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables