Really good, fast recipe. I made this with the Enchilda Casserole for two of my nephews and they loved it. I did not have jalapeno peppers so I used Sirirachi instead. Dish had a lot of flavour and a nice bite.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 180
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Protein: 4.4g
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 246mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh jalapeño chilies
- 1 1/4 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth or water
- 1 can (about 15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 2- to 3-quart pan over medium heat, frequently stir onion and garlic in oil until vegetables are limp and beginning to brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Add rice and chilies; stir often until rice is opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2. Stir in broth, tomatoes (including juice), and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until rice is tender to bite, 18 to 20 minutes.
- 3. Stir with a fork to distribute tomatoes evenly, and add more salt to taste. Mound rice on a platter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables