- 1 (16-ounce) package smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomato and green chiles
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
How to Make It
Sauté sausage in a lightly greased Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in tomato and green chiles, broth, and Creole seasoning; bring to a boil.
Stir in rice; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes. Uncover and cook until liquid is absorbed.
For Red Rice and Ham: Sunstitute 1 pound cooked ham, cubed, for smoked sausage. Cook as directed.