- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) diced seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup (1/2-inch) diced seeded cucumber
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 lemon wedges
- calories 460
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 24.7 g
- satfat 5 g
- monofat 14.7 g
- polyfat 3.8 g
- protein 12.5 g
- carbohydrate 48.4 g
- fiber 7.4 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 3.5 mg
- sodium 499 mg
- calcium 133 mg
How to Make It
Cook quinoa according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and place in a large bowl. Let cool 1 hour.
While quinoa cools, combine oil and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Let stand 20 minutes.
Add dressing, tomato, and next 4 ingredients (through chickpeas) to quinoa; toss well. Add cheese, and toss gently. Serve with lemon wedges.
Kids Can Help: With a child-safe knife, kids can chop the tomatoes and cucumber, and then crumble the feta.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.